Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm hosting the challenge again this week at Our Creative Corner, and again I'm using my trips as the inspiration for this challenge.

When I was there, I had the most amazing opportunity to go to the Green Flower Market.  A HUGE warehouse with lots of vendors selling my favorite thing....flowers!  Think 2 Walmarts put together and you'll get the idea of the amount of space they had....amazing.....  It's a shame they don't have something like that here in Ohio, on second thought, I think I would spend all my money of flowers instead of paper. 

I took a ton of photos of my visit there and of all the lovely flowers I saw blooming around the city.  Those photos are the inspiration for this weeks challenge, HOWEVER, you cannot use any flowers in your creation....I know, I'm a stinker....  

I used 6 different patterned papers to create the background for The Shabby Tea Room  Mix and Match challenge this week. It was harder than I thought, but I like how it came out.  
This is for my dear sweet BFF Cristy.  Thursday was her birthday and I made a surprise visit to see her and take her out for lunch with some of her other friends.   We always have the most amazing time together, even if its just hangin' out watching Amazing Race.  We have been friends for over 20 years and will have many more years of fun, tears and sharing to come!

10 comments:

Wendy J. said...

I just love the color combination on your card, Kristin. The stitching, doily, and buttons are all wonderful touches. Thanks so much for the challenge, it was great!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is gorgeous Kristen, it totally says "flowers" without the flowers!!! Loving all the individual elements ...

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm drawn to all the different shapes as well as colors... that round doily softens up the vertical panels and I love all those layers!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Kristin, both your card and your photos are stunning! I love the doily and that big fabby ribbon you used! Gorgeous colors, too. Thanks for a fun challenge...it was really great to think out of the box for this one! Have a great day! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Thanks Kristin for yet another fun (and challenging) challenge! Your card is so perfectly balanced, especially your button placement. I love the soft and sweet colors. have a great weekend!

Holly Barrett said...

I love this card, Kristen. The patterned paper strips in the back is probably my favorite (along with the dragonfly). Great challenge. Hard but fun!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super card Kirstin!! The inspiration photos are amazing and your card refelects them wonderfully!!! Love that glittered dragonfly!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a sweet and yummy card you have created, Kristin. The colors are mouthwatering - makes me thing of melons - LOL! So so beautiful. Love all the different DPs you used and your bow and glittery dragonfly are stunning! Thanks for an awesome two weeks of challenges!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Linda

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristen, I love the colors you pulled out of the inspiration photos! How pretty! Your card is really pretty, and I love all the little touches! the buttons, the glitter dragon fly, your seam binding bow and the pretty pattern papers!

Lori Rider said...

These colors are so pretty, Kristin. I love all the embellishments, especially the doily and the buttons! It's such a sweet card. You are lucky to have such a wonderful friend in your life and she is lucky to have you!