Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's Juicy!!!

Hello again ladies, I'm the hostess again this week at Our Creative Corner!  This time, I thought I'd take it easy on you....no tricks up my sleeve....  I have another inspiration photo from my trip to the Green Market in Copenhagen.  

Imagine if you will - a Walmart sized building FILLED with fresh produce, ONLY fresh produce.  Boxes of cherries, nectarines, peaches, elder berries, mini watermelons, strawberries, fruit I had never seen before, the colors, the smells....amazing!  I took a few photos of the gorgeous fruit boxes, each little piece of juiciness just waiting to be baked into a danish....hee, hee....  
 
I had so many options for this, so many in fact, I think I'll end up making another creation for this challenge!  But for now, I wanted to make another CAS type card.  
 
I started with a clear window sheet and wanted the card to have a little surprise to it, like this one I made last week.  The doily has the sentiment stamped on it and it is adhered to the inside of the card.
On the outside of the card, I used my new PTI Melon fruit die and stamps for the watermelon.  It's hard to tell from the photos, for the seeds I used black Stickles for a little shimmer.  I added a little shabby bow and it's as cute as can be!  I think I'm going to make cookies to match these...now I just need to make them for someone 'cause lordy  knows I don't need to eat them.  Now, please join us for our challenge - it's juicy!



12 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous Kristin ... love your creation ... pure simplicity CAS perfection!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Kristin! This is so stinkin' creative and fun! Love how you created the sentiment and the window sheet is such a cool look. Sounds like such an amazing trip, too. You really have some beautiful photos to remember it by. Have a super day! :)

Unknown said...

Kristin, that is the cutest creation! I love the detail & whimsy. The bow just finishes it off beautifully.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

jjcreations said...

Love how you created this watermelon!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, CAS at its best! The ribbon is a wonderful finisher and the inside surprise is a very nice touch for the recipient!

Holly Barrett said...

Very cute. I have that stamp too but I haven't used it yet. You've inspired me!

Marie said...

Beautiful CAS card. There definitely is beauty in simplicity!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I love the clear card! how clever and creative! and that slice of watermelon looks good enough to eat :) Thanks for a great challenge!

MarcyK924 said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you did this CAS! So creative!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So simple, but delightfully designed. Love the clear backing and the way you positioned the sentiment. Very clever. Terrific challenge again this week, Kristin!

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Linda

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, I love your CAS watermelon card! I've never used a clear sheet before, and it really gives a unique look. Thanks for another fun challenge!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is really fun!! I love your acetate style creation here!! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog and I will be sharing a recipe very soon!! LOL!! HUGS