Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oh the challenge!

This week's Our Creative Corner challenge is a GOOD one!  Thanks again to fellow desgn team member, Lori Rider.  It was a head scratcher, which are my fav's!  This week there is a color challenge with a twist!  Not only do you need to use the colors you see here...some of my ultimate favorites...but you need to use 3 different punches and one of them needs to be a border punch!!  


So off to the craftin' spot I went, thinking, 'This will only take a few minutes to whip this up!'.  Well, it didn't.  I wanted to use this great paper I picked up by House of Three along my new PTI set, Postmarks.  Easy peezie...not....  I couldn't find punches that I like; then I forgot I had to use 3; then the background paper that started off pink, I distressed and it now looks peach....sigh...  Well,I really like how it came out!  So I used the colors...obviously...the Friskars border punch...see it there?...along the map?...my new Spellbinders Nestabilities Reverse Wonky Rectangles and a Pink Paisley die cut.  And a die cut counts as a punch, even though I didn't do it my self....right?....  Well I'm counting it anyway, 'cause I like it and it reminds me that in just 4 SHORT days I will be leaving for Copenhagen!!!

3 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Kristin, fYI, your name above your card image doesn't have a link in it. Wow! Copenhagen! That sounds fabulous! Hope you have a great time! This is a cute card. I love the different elements you've used especially the map! Great job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lori Rider said...

What a great card - I'm starting to feel bad that you all had a tough time with the challenge - actually so did I! LOL! I love your elements together and I'm totally jealous that you're going to Copenhagen. I hope you have a fabulous time!