Saturday, August 14, 2010

Briar Rose

WOW!!!  5 posts in 4 days...I'm doin' good!  The girls are napping, Rob is relaxing and I'm gettin' crafty.  This card I made for the current ETSY Inspired Challenge.  I love ETSY and the retro items at LoverDover are down right adorable!  We have our fall trip to Disney planned, and she has some fantastic items I could pick up for my girls...
This card was inspired  by this dress.  For some reason it talked to me.  Not my typical asthetic...  This is what I created to pay homage to it.
Briar Rose
Cardstock: (Basic Black, Whisper White) SU!

Patterned paper: (Sweet as Cherry Pie) Websters Pages
Stamps…rubber: (Short & Sweet) SU!
Ink…dye: (Basic Black) SU!
Accent: (red, clear & black buttons) ; (black felt scallops) Narritives by Karen Russel Creative Imaginations
Fibers: (red and blue thread) Coats & Cutter
Dies, embossing folders, brass templates: (Swiss Dots) Cuttlebug; (labels 4) Spellbinders
Tool: (scallop border punch) SU!; (3/4” circle punch) SU!

Instructions
1. Make card and set aside.
2. Cut patterned paper and layer on white card stock. Stitch around the edge with a zig-zag stitch. Add black scallop ribbon and adhere to card
3. Dry emboss white card stock and use border punch along long edge. Adhere to assembled card
4. Cut vintage label from patterned paper and attach to card.
5. Die cut label and stamp with sentiment, attach to card.
6. Embellish buttons with paper and thread, attach to card with glue dots

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... you totally captured the feel of that apron in your fabulous card design ... ♥ it.

de said...

Amazing! I love how you took the inspiration from the print of that awesome apron and turned it into this gorgeous card!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Queenie said...

Oh my!!! This card is sooo perfect for this week's shop! I am loving your patterned paper, the label and those fun buttons!

Thanks for playing EIC!!

Joanne Leddy said...

Love this card! So sweet!

Virginia L. said...

Incredible! Love how this inspired you and how you put all the lovely elements together! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

Kelly said...

I love your interpretation. That little button on the "thank you" is cute!