Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trigger Tuesday

On Saturday...Better late than never!  Look at this lovely photo Cath put up for this weeks Trigger Tuesday challenge at Moxie Fab.  Doesn't it look lushious?  I just want to crawl into that on a cold winter's day, with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate...mmmm.... 
With this inspiration, I made a cute little frame for my mom to put up in her new house.  She needs to slow down and enjoy this little things in life and not work so hard, I thought this sentiment could be a nice little reminder...are you listening mom?... 

This is a small little frame about 5" square.  I picked up a 3 pack of them at the Target $1 spot a few years back.  Time to make something cool with them, don't you think?  The frame was a perfect white, so I distressed it with a pair of flower clippers...the only thing I had on hand to use...
I cut the little squares 1", stitched them on a piece of crumb cake, distressed them and lightly added white paint around the edges.  The blanket in the photo reminded me of these fabulous fabric doilies I have, and had to use one for this...aren't they wonderful?...  I plan on making a few kits with these to sell in my etzy shop...whenever I find some time...

7 comments:

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Kristin!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristin! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

Sylvia said...

Congratulations, Kristin! What a wowzer!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty! LOVE that fabric doily! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win! Love your non-card approach to the trigger photo, that frame is stunning :)

Trinh said...

Very pretty! Congrats for being picked as a Trigger!

jen said...

Love this to bits!!!! congrats on your trigger!