Friday, February 11, 2011

Shabby Sentiments

Well, I'm on my way out of town for the funeral.  The little one is napping and the older one isn't home for another hour, so I thought I'd post these while I had the time.
This is a card I created for the PTI Make it Monday challenge, but also for the Shabby Tea Room DT call.  It's not what I had in mind for the DT call, but with time running out before our trip, I decided to combine the two.  This is the inspiration photo The Shabby Tea Room provided.  Originally, I had wanted to make a patterned paper with my PTI Delightful Dahilas set...white embossed on pink pirouette paper...with doilies, and touches of black..you know, shabby style like I make...  If I get home early I'll do it.  Anyhoo, the PTI challenge is to make a simple card with assorted sentiment stamps.  I don't have a ton of PTI sentiments, so I had to improvise.  Nicole & Erin's samples were perfectly simple with adorable flourishes.  Here is mine, a little shabby, but simple.
The sentiments were embossed with black EP...well, except for the main one, obviously....  The heart was cut out of a doily I had and sprayed with Tattered Angels Vintage Pink shimmer spray.  And no, those aren't ghostly orbs floating around, I lightly sprayed the black paper to give it a pink shimmer, look:
Isn't that fun?  I really like adding the shimmer spray to my project when they're done.  It adds a bit of shabby softness to them.
So that's it!  If you're checking me out on Facebook, stop by my blog LilyBeth Boutique to see all the creative crafty things I'm up to!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry to read you're headed out to a funeral.
I love your card. I love your color combo and the little heart doily is beautiful.
I'm going to look for some doilies next time Im out I have to try that.

Debbie said...

So very pretty! Thanks for your interest in TSTR DT Call ... good luck :)