Saturday, February 5, 2011

Simple Tree

Hello again ladies...and gents... Here I am with another challenge at Our Creative Corner!  This week, our challenge is hosted by the lovely Lori Rider at the Diva Stamper.  Your challenge this week is to create a clean and simple card incorporating a tree or branching.  I really like making this type of card, they take me a while, but I really like the results! 
So here is my creation, it does have lots of fussy cutting, but the over all card is simple.  
To carry off the whole wood, branch theme, I use the PTI wood grain embossing plate on the card front behind the tree image.  I really love how this card came out!
Now go check out the other members of the OCC design team to get inspired to create your submission!

7 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Gorgeous! I really like the embossed woodgrain behind the main image and the paper pieced leaves are terrific. Love the staples too! Great job on the CAS challenge. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

Wendy J. said...

Simply marvelous, Kristin! Love all the fussy cutting! Love the background wood look and the small red mat. Wonderful!

Sarah Gough said...

This is a great CAS card! I love the tree image, so cute!

Lori Rider said...

This is just beautiful, Kristin! Your fussy tree is gorgeous and the wood-grain embossing makes it even more fabulous! Great ribbon treatment too - love it!

Vicki Burdick said...

Stunning!! I love your ribbon treatment and wow all that cutting, fabulous!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, your card is lovely! I adore that color scheme, the cutting is perfect, and the woodgrain is an awesome way to tie everything together. Also, I'm pretty sure you won the prize this week at the create: blog. Congrats!

Diane Gilbert said...

Kristin this is GORGEOUS! I love the woodgrain background and oh my that is a lot of fussy cutting, but worth the time! Love the staples too:) Fantastic card!