Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm addicted...

Here I am in Detroit, still posting.  I think I may have an addiction...my husband seems to think so...  I'm checking all my computer 'work'...that's my word for it, to justify the time I spend here...before our day gets started.
Here is a creation I made on Thursday for this weeks challenge at Our Creative Corner and it just so happens to fit today's Papetrey Ink challenge!! ...lucky me!...  The challenge this week at the OCC, is to create a card with paper piecing or fussy cutting; and the challenge today at PTI is to imcorporate something MEGA in your creation.   Was I lucky or what to have added a mega size number to this weeks OCC challenge? ...perhaps I'm pshycic... 
Since the orginal challnege for this creation was paper piecing, this card is made ENTIRELY from items in my scraps box...except for the red card part...  The only item however on this that is PTI, is the button...hopefully it still qualifies for this challenge...  Had I not been using scraps, I would have used my Mat Stack #4 go-to die instead of the blue circle. 

The number is covered with pieces of patterned paper, and the red stitching is actually Hambly screen printed rub-ons.  This is a test run for Lily's 7th birthday.  I'm already planning her party...in April...a girls get-together of her friends in class...I know, I'm obsessive...  Anyhoo - I made this as a possible color combination for her party inspired by the Amy Butler multi colored print.  Pink, grey, red, sky blue..not on the paper, but I liked it... and lime green.  Fun, right?  It was a risky combination, but I really like it!

13 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sweet and girlie - love the lacy doily. That is a wonderful color combination to work with and the paper piecing worked beautifully on the 7. Terrific work on this week's challenge!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, Your card is just so gorgeous! I'm in love with those darn paper doilys, too. I'm very happy to be working with such talented ladies. Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous!!! Love your work Kristin :)

Natasha said...

Fun card! Love the supersized seven on here!

Wendy J. said...

Kristin, it's fun to have a picture to go with your name now! This is such a cute card--perfect for a little girl turning 7! Love the fun papers and the beautiful bow and hat pins!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love every beautiful detail of this amazing card, nice work!!!

Heidi said...

love this! you balanced the giant number perfectly with all the other details. thanks for sharing it with the blogosphere :)

Vicki Burdick said...

This is just adorable!!! Super cute birthday card for a lucky seven year old!!

Sarah Gough said...

so pretty Kristin, love the papers you chose and that doily!

Jill Norwood said...

What an awesome card! Love the 7 with the rubons for stitching! Fabulous! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You sure do have a way with patterns! It would have taken me FOREVER to find papers that all went well together. The jumbo 7 is so fun, and the doily is a great detail. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make for OCC next week!

Diane Gilbert said...

Ohhhh this is sooooo pretty! I love the textures you used for this card, the doily and the pink ribbon gives it such a girly feel, beautiful!

Lori Rider said...

Wow, this is just so fun. I love jumbo chipboard and the way you covered it with scraps is fabulous! I am going to have to try that sometime. The embellishments are gorgeous too, especially the doily!