Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Holy Ice Batman!

Yes, I live in the Midwest.  While we didn't get the snow that Chicago got, this is what Mother Nature gave us instead of the fluffy white stuff...
 It's not the best photo...it was really dark...but you get the jest of how much ice we got!...it was really quite beautiful...  The next morning, we had nearly an inch of ice.  Surprisingly, the main roads were drivable, but our street has yet to be salted.  As you can see below...
The rain came after the ice, and instead of melting the snow, it made the ice smooth and slick...kind of like a Zamboni...  It was a bit disconcerting, as I was to travel to Toledo Wednesday morning for my BFF's surgery.  I ending up having to wait only until later afternoon, and I made it here safe and sound - and Cristy had a successful procedure.  All's well that ends well!

No comments: