Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hop along!

My first ever Taylored Expressions Blog Hop!  Their stamps make the most adorable cards, like this one I had published in the Favorite Occasions Volume 2 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.  Super cute, eh?
Now a short explaination about these cards.  Did anyone read Jessica Witty's post on PCConnection yesterday?  I was so at that place on Tuesday night, a great ideas in my head that just wouldn't translate into paper...I hate it when that happens...  So, I ended up making 2 cards for the hop. 
Taylor gave us our challenge for this hop, 'Going Green' with an optional sketch to use.  This is the card I was having trouble with.  I love TE's 'Hanging Out' stamp set and wanted to use it with the sketch provided and decided to 'go green' by using only scraps I had on hand.  Since I have been working on calls this week, I had a lot of fun options to use!  I followed the sketch...which is adorable...made those adorable little birds the 3 dots below the panel...genuis I thought... then it all went down hill from there...quickly...

This ended up being too fussy or not finished...I can't figure it out.... Perhaps the patternd paper needed to be framed?  It just doesn't seem to work for me.  That's when I decided to make another one with TE's CreativiTEA stamp set

This card came together quickly...except for the time it took to cut out the teapots and frame...  Lots of Shimmer spray on this and it came together much better!  That fabric doily, the entire card and the damask pot are all sprayed with Key Lime shimmer spray....yum...  I also love how I did the teapots, they are embossed with Ranger Pearl Silver EP.  When you use white pigment ink, it becomes the perfect pearl white color.  The second pot looks like porcelean, lovely!  Being the forward thinking gal I am, I knew I would enter these in the Moxie Fab Stampin' Techniques Paper Piecing challenge as well.  Both of these sets are pefect for using this technique, it just takes a toll on my hand...introducing the claw...

Alright - take a few moments now to check out all the other hoppers along the TE path!  You'll get so much inspiration...it'll keep you stamping for atleast  50 days...

17 comments:

Lea L. said...

These are so pretty! I especially love the tea themed card...the crocheted doily in the background is fabulous!! ♥♥♥

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh, I love them both! The birdies on the line are a wonderful touch on the first, and that doily is amazing on the second!

Taylor said...

They're both amazing! I love how you strung and decorated your own clothesline! And I love that crocheted doily... I wouldn't be able to part with it myself... it would stay in my "hoard" stash! lol

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Love both cards!!! Your blog is awesome...so glad I found you on the hop today! Have a great day.

Jami said...

So glad you decided to join the hop today! Both cards are beautiful! I agree the little birds as the 3 dots are genius, but I hate it when I'm not happy with something. The green teapots are amazing and I'm sure even moreso in person with all that shimmer!

Nancy Jensen said...

VERY NICE! I enjoyed both of your cards. Where did you get the crocheted doily? Did you make it?

Great job!

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous!!! Your first card is a fabulous take on the sketch and the second card is so pretty!!!

Colleen Begley said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I do like those little love birdies on the first card and how you made the clothesline. The details on the tea card are really, really pretty, from the simple staples to that green doily. Again, gorgeous!

Pattie said...

Super cards! I love the tea pots and the green doily!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such pretty cards Lily. Especially love the first one! Love how you hung the images and the cute birdies. :o)

Joan Ervin said...

Both of you cards are gorgeous!!!! The images on the first are just tooo cute and I LOOOVE the green doily with the tea pots on the second!!!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I thought both cards were gorgeous. I esp. liked the clothesline in the first card (hilarious!) and agree the the little birds for the 3 dots was genius! :) I'm a fan!

Michelle L. said...

Both cards are lovely. The doily on the second card is fabulous!

Regina Mangum said...

How absolutely lovely! The tea card is SO BEAUTIFUL. and the clothesline card is darling! XOXO

Natalie said...

Your cards are both ingenious! Love your creativity and your post was very entertaining!! :-) Well done!

kat said...

LOVE the teapot card [actually, I love both of them but the teapot card just caught my eye] with the darling crochet doily. WHERE do you get them? Or did you make them? Love, love, LOVE them!!!

titancia said...

Those cards are amazing! The first one is just adorable and the second one is GORGEOUS! I love all those shades of green!