Sunday, November 12, 2023

New AAA Cards Challenge! - LESS IS MORE #496 WINNER!

 Hi all!

Welcome back here at Paperfiori...I'm eager to share with you the next challenge with AAA Cards Challenge blog.  We are starting to wind down the fall season here in NW Ohio, most of the be beautiful colors are now gone and the trees are becoming bare.  But this challenge will give you the chance to hold on to those beautiful colors a little longer!

    

This creation sticks with the colors of the current mood board, using the all the fall colors along with the magenta/pinky color.  The intense colors of fall really speak to me...bold and jewel like. 

Keeping this card CAS with lots of white space, so I'm also going to enter this card in the Less is More Challenge this week.  Also in keeping the card CAS, the colors used are minimal but very saturated.  The paper was tapped with water, then with a brush with orange, yellow, red and pink pigment.  Using a heat gun to speed up the drying process, helps to create the neat little pockets of color surrounded by crisp organic lines.


Vellum leaves have been all over my creations this season....my old PTI Leaf Prints set has served me well.  The soft leaves with the crisp veining is reminiscent of skeleton leaves which are simply beautiful in my opinion.  I would occasionally find one in nature when I was a child in puddles during the fall and attempt to save them and put them in books to press.  Gold embossing powder helps to create that look with these vellum leaves.

How are you sending fall on it's way this year?  I'd love to see you finish the season with some intense color in your creations, please share them with us at the AAA Cards Challenge blog won't you?









9 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

I love your vellum leaves they look almost like skeleton leaves, awesome card!

kareN stampZ said...

Love, love your card. I love inky techniques and it looks so good with the vellum leaves on top.

Marlies said...

That background is truly amazing!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and loving the image, colours are gorgeous xx

Kathyk said...

Lovely make and great use of those autumnal colours on your background

Kathyk

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful color saturation on the background - does an awesome job showing off those leaves! Thanks for playing over at LIM.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic and beautiful idea!!! Thank you for the inspiration! I also noticed the Midnight Moths card you have on Altenew’s site. My mouth was hanging open!!!! What???!!! Any chance you can show us how you did it?

Amy Donohue said...

Sorry I forgot to add my name to my above comment. It’s Amy Donohue.

Jane.D said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love the vellum leaves, the autumnal colours..... well I love everything about this card! x