Tuesday, February 26, 2013

29 Again?

Yep...29, again!  And to mark this historic occasion, I thought I'd spend some time in the craftin' spot!  I've been sporadic with my creating time lately.  I definitely make time for my Paper Smooches Guest Designer work....that post is tomorrow....but not much time is given for having fun down in the craftin' spot.  Since it was my birthday this week....actually the 22nd....I gave myself permission to put off some other things for some personal fun!

Simon Says StampHere is the card I made today.  I decided to mix 2 challenges into one with this card.  First up, the  Simon Says Stamp! Use an Arrow challenge.  I've had these chipboard arrows in my bin for about 5 years now.  I always forget to check my chipboard bin for fun bits, I found all kinds of interesting things!

I also followed the Play Date Cafe color challenge this week.  I LOVE these colors, not only because they are preppy....got to love Izod & Polo....but maize and blue are the colors of my favorite college football team! ....sorry scarlet & gray hubby....  I had to use some preppy patterns hence the houndstooth and stripes.  I also wanted to add some baker's twine for this, but am only limited to green and baby blue at the moment.  I did try to make my own, but it didn't work out this time.
Hope all you bleeps are having a great week this far, visit me tomorrow for my final guest designer post for Paper Smooches!  It's going to be magical!....that's a hint.....


3 comments:

Sarah G said...

I saw your card on SSS and thought I would pop over for a closer look - it is such a fun design! I love the chipboard arrows and the sentiment :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Kristin :-) I love the colours and whole design of this :-) the twine wrapped around the arrow is a fab touch :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Rachel said...

Oh I just love when I find the perfect item in an old stash! Great card and use of the colors. Thanks for playing at the play date cafe.