Saturday, April 21, 2012

Butterflies and birthdays

Hello Ladies!
How have you all been?  I am hoping the opposite of me....and you know me....  There was a mutiny at my old event planning job and my former employer asked me to step in and help out until she hires a new designer.  I think she's been taking her time with hiring someone new....hummm....  One good thing out of it is that I'm now working on an event featuring....wait for it.....it's a good one.....if your old like me....Harry Connick Jr!!!
 
 I am absolutely infatuated with that man, his rendition of "It Had to be You' is our song from our wedding and is engraved in our bands.  THAT's how much I adore that man....*swoon*....
And although the tickets for this event are thousands of dollars, I'm thinking I may have to come up with an excuse to go....or perhaps sneak in....  I'm hoping that while we're setting the event up, he'll have to 'test' the mics and will sing to little ole' me!

Any hoo - I did get my craftin' space cleaned up....I'll post photos of it later....so I have access to all my supplies.  Just in time for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge!  This week the challenge is to use butterflies in your creation.  Butterflies remind me of my mom.  They are her favorite and she used to have them all over the house when I was growing up.  I think she may have grown out of it, but if I find something lovely with a butterfly, I'm always sure to pick it up for her.

Now, I have to admit, my creative mojo is exhausted so this isn't spectacular.  I do love this old paper from Websters so that was my jumping off point.  I fussy cut a butterfly image from Bo Bunny's Gabriella line....which happens to match perfectly....and added some cute little pearls to it.  The stiching didn't work out as well as I had hoped, but it'll do.

Ok ladies - I want to see something more creative than this from you this week!  Make sure you post it on the OCC site so I can check it out!

Hugs!

5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Kristin
I agree the Websters paper is gorgeous, it has a vintage charm which always sits well with me, and your Butterfly looks so real.
Smiles:)
Sue

MarcyK924 said...

WOW, Kristin, this is gorgeous! LOVE the papers! I don't see a missing mojo on this card! That b'fly looks like it's going to fly away! Hugs, Marcy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Gorgeous background and your butterfly with pearls is brilliantly colored! Love the distressed edges! This is my new favorite of yours!!! Congrats on HCJr. He's cute, and sings grand.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness .... this is absolutely beautiful ... that background paper is lovely and sets the scene beautifully for your card ... the dimensional butterfly is perfect andyour stitching is superb!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Kristin, this card is gorgeous! Love the background and beautiful butterfly. The sewing stitches are also pretty on the card.