Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re-vamp under way and a challenge

Well, the de-lousing of the craftin' spot is well under way....about time....my supplies are all over the place, but I did just get a fabulous package in the mail this week from Papertrey Ink.  It was very exciting to get new craftin' supplies.  I will have some other things that I no longer use up for sale in the next weeks, so keep an eye out for them.  I'll list them here first before I put them on Ebay.

With that being said, I did not have the foresight to make my card for this week's Green Challenge at Our Creative Corner before Wednesday when I got started.   The challenge this week is hosted by Marcy Kaminski.  Her theme is "How Green is Your Spring" Inspiration Photo. I LOVE this montage - it's chock full of inspiration.  Show us Spring in its full splendor, using GREEN as your main color!

SO, my card is made with things I could find and get my little hands on.  Adhesive was an issue, as was ink, hence no use of stamps.  I did however have access to my minimal scrapbooking supplies and spray inks, so I used some of those things to whip up a simple card for the hubs.  I used the circle candies in the bottom left photo as my inspiration. 

The photo I used is a real oldie - it's from our very first trip to Disney World as a couple, over 13 years ago....whoa, look at that hair....  His dad said he could tell from this photo that Rob was in love with me because in all the years of visiting the Magic Kingdom, Rob NEVER wore Mickey ears....let alone get his photo taken wearing them....and he wore them all day for me. *awww*  He's not a silly kind of guy, so for him to let his guard down was a big sign of things to come!

Alright ladies, now go out there and get inspired by all that green poppin' up everywhere!  Be sure to stop by and visit the other OCC ladies for some inspiration...

Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Anita Houston- The Artful Maven Haven
Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper 
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

7 comments:

Katy said...

Love this card! Love the spray and that little embellie with your picture in it! Brilliant! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Kristin
Love the the way you applied your Buttons on the card as a embellishment, and your splattering of green, very clever, great card.
Smiles:)

MarcyK924 said...

Kristin - what a wonderful post! Love the whole story! For someone who was "materials challenged," you rocked it out! I LOVE the CAS card you did and that picture is awesome! To me, that was the challenge by not having access to all your goodies! You win Most Clever this week!! Hugs, Marcy

Sharon Wheet said...

You couldn't tell that you had a limit of supplies. I think your card is fabulously CAS! I love how you used a photo & frame to create the 'O' in your word. Great idea! and the buttons add both texture and visual interest! Great card!
have a great week!

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card Kristen ... I loooove that spritz effect and the buttons are super ... but that picture ... *aww* ... loooove the ears ... what a lovely treasure!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, even with limited supplies, you certainly rocked the green challenge, Kristin! Love that spritzing and the button accents. Your sweet photo is beautifully framed as the focal point of your card, too. Gotta love the "hair evolution" that progresses through years in pictures, eh? Lol! Hope you had a fun weekend! Hugs! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love your speckledy specks!!! That picture is great and really makes this card wonderful and sentimental! Love the row of buttons. Feel free to keep on giving me tips...I need them, and I had no idea until you told me. Thanks!