Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mom's Cameo

Hello again ladies!....or gents if you're out there....
Here I am again with another challenge post for Our Creative Corner!  This week our challenge is hosted by the super talented Anne Marie.  She has a great one for us this time, it's a "A Recipe for Mom" Mother's Day Challenge....say that 4x fast....  Here's the deets:

Create a project for Mother's Day using the following "recipe": 
*Embossing (wet or dry)
*Ribbon
*Buttons or Brads
*Watercoloring
 
Now - don't be like me and forget an important part of the recipe.  I was so focused on the watercoloring and the brads....both of which are rare in my creations....that I forgot to add the ribbon!  ....I do that with baking too, be careful eating my cupcakes....  I had to go back and add the ribbon and now I can't decide which I like better - with or without - What do you think?
 
Here are my recipe items: White embossing powder; rainbow ribbons; brads for the ponytails; water coloring for behind the cameos.  I was inspired to do the cameos from the Paper Crafts Magazine April Gallery Challenge that ended - well, yesterday.  Check out this creation without the ribbon in the challenge gallery here.

Alright, now it's your turn to whip up something yummy following Anne Marie's recipe.  Get to it!
 
P.S.  Be sure to check out all the other DT creations this week, their delish!
 
Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Anita Houston- The Artful Maven Haven
Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper 
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

4 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Kristin, this is "cameo-tastic"!! Love how the bright colors pop against the dark background. The brads are such a fun touch to dress-up the ponytails and I love that framed sentiment. Gorgeous! Have a great rest of the weekend! Hugs! :)

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! That is a such a great design. Kim

Jessi Fogan said...

Had to laugh at the cupcakes...oh dear! I'm the same way :)
I absolutely adore your card - the gems are perfect, and I love the use of all that "black" space (hard to call it white space...) which just makes the rainbow shine that much brighter!
And, they may have been a last-minute add, but I think I like it WITH the ribbon tabs better :) It balances the sentiment!

Pia S said...

I think your card really has a WOW factor! I love the colors against the black, and I am glad you almost forgot to add ribbon, because I love how you ended up arranging these!