Saturday, March 24, 2012

India - Here she comes!

One of my dearest friends is quite the jetsetter!  Over the last 6 weeks, she's been in Korea, the US, lives in Copenhagen and leaves tomorrow for India!  That doesn't include all the stops she makes in planes, which would get the country count up to 9.  When she was in the US at the end of  February we visited a few shops to pick up items like water purifiers, netting for beds, medications and clothing.  I was living vicariously through her as she prepared for this amazing trip....I did miss the cholera symptoms from the vaccinations, thank goodness.... 


This week's challenge at Our Creative Corner is a perfect homage to her trip, and since we're not going anywhere for Spring Break, I thought I'd let her trip inspire my creation for the challenge.  Here's the challenge:  Spring has sprung yet again! It's time to take that annual well deserved Spring Break vacation. Where would your postcard come from? Make whatever paper craft you like and show us your "spring break vacation destination". Remember to include the name of your destination somewhere on your project.

I have to admit, that I haven't been able to start the over-haul on my stampin' space yet....thus my outdoor photo....  My goal is to start this morning, but I had a 'pop' in my back yesterday so I'm not sure what I'll be doing later today....

I hope I was able to inspire you, please check out the other ladies creations and join us in our 'corner' of the blogosphere!

Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Anita Houston- The Artful Maven Haven
Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper 
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
See you there

7 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

What a great card Kristen ... I can see how your friends trip inspired this card ... i love all the elements and that twill ribbon and staples ... fabulous!!!
A "pop" in the back ... nasty, hope your okay!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Kristin! I love the muted tones and all the great elements you added! Hope your back gets better!

Vicki Burdick said...

Great card, love those buttons! Hope your back is doing OK today! Have a great weekend!

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo - pop in the back doesn't sound good. I hope you heal quickly! I send you good juju! :)

I HEART this card! It definitely shows a well-traveled person with elements from all over. The little collage is perfect! Feel better and (((HUGS)))) Marcy

Scrumplescrunch said...

A cornucopia of elements that takes a different tack on the theme which to me is fabulous, the traveller in transit on her way to India, you did this so well Kristin.
Smiles:)

Holly Barrett said...

I love the collage of buttons and stamps you have featured here. Hope you have a great week ahead, Kristen! - Holly

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I love the rugged retro feel you have achieved with this gem! The way you have clustered your elements together is such a great design and the stapled twill is fabulous - LOVE it! Terrific take on this week's challenge. Hope the back problem didn't keep you down all weekend.

Hugs,
Linda