Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm on a roll!!

Well, I took the time and made another card for the SCS color and card sketch challenge! I miss doing those, so I thought I'd take a crack at it! The color challenge was to use soft sky, blue bayou and certainly celery (some of my fav's) and I thought I'd combine it with the card sketch so I could kill 2 birds....you know.


Blue Bamboo

The entire card is made with SU! products, the card base is kraft, with a layer or blue bayou then a layer of soft sky card stock with 'Rough Texture' with soft sky ink run over it a few times. I distressed the edges using the cutter kit and iked them up again with soft sky. The main image is from 'Embrace Life' stamped in Blue Bayou on Whisper white paper and watercolored with certianly celery for the leaves and soft sky for the back ground. I then stamped over the image with 'Canvas' backgound, distressed the edges and inked soft sky with a sponge around the edges. It is layered on soft sky, blue bayou and kraft. The green panels are certainly celery, run thru the Cuttlebug then sponged over with blue bayou with distressed edges. I used hemp twine instead of ribbon to give it an earthy 'bamboo' feel but jazzed it up with square green rhinestone brads to mimic the mosiac patterned paper.

Whew!!1 I guess that's it!! Enjoy!

No comments: