Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Vintage collage card with 'vintage' stamps!

 Vintage collage card with 'vintage' stamps!

Hi all!

How old is your oldest supply?  I cracked a few of my oldest stamps for my Sisterhood of Crafters DT creation.  The theme for this challenge is BALLOONS.  Any type or theme can be used to get creative!


For this card, I decided to create something for my eldest daughter.  She is moving into her first apartment in August...it's crazy to think she's old enough for this move!  The stamps I used are easily from 2004ish...I can tell by how old she is.  I started stamping when she was born in 2004. and the script stamp was one of my first SU! purchases as a demonstrator.

I inked the stamp using Simon Says Stamp Charcoal ink onto SU! kraft paper...also vintage since I haven't bought any SU! paper since 2010...  The next stamp set I used was an old Papertrey Ink stamp set called Postmark.  I'm not exactly sure when it was released, but I'd guess before 2010.  The wings and the air mail dashes are from that set.  I also added Altenew's Windsome Delight floral stamp...it's not vintage, but it's a simple image I thought went well.


Altenew's Raw Umber ink was used to add a bit of warmth to the card and the flowers. The vintage images were from a book I have had for a few years, and I haven't a clue where it is from.  They were trimmed up, and white gel pen was added to the little girl on the suitcase and flowers for some added highlights.  Finally, some khaki iridescent sequins for some sparkle.

Let us see your creations using balloons!  Be sure to add them to our gallery so we can come visit you.  Have a colorful day!


3 comments:

Darlene said...

So cute and I'm sure she will love it!! It's amazing how fast time is going ... my daughter will be 55 in Sept! How did THAT happen??? lol

Rika said...

gorgeous card, love the vintage look.

I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, this is amazing! You brought your vintage supplies together for a fabulous card!
Good luck to your daughter - but the mom in me says always 'be careful!' lol
=]

Simon Says Stamp’s STAMPtember GIVEAWAY and hop party!

Exciting GIVEAWAYS and Hop party for Simon Says Stamp’s STAMPtember event! Hi all! I am so excited to be a part of Simon Says Stamps’ STAMPt...