Friday, July 5, 2024

SIMPLE Watercoloring for HUGE impact!

 SIMPLE Watercoloring for HUGE impact!

Hello all!

I’m here again today with another challenge with CAS on Friday!!  This time, we are asking for your CAS cards using WATERCOLOR.  Now, my design is pushing the CAS layout envelope, but I sure you, the technique is very CAS.


This card starts with Altenew’s absolutely gorgeous Billowing Peonies stamp set.  It was stamped with Altenew Obsidian ink then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I did not use watercolor paper, but I did use a 110lb cardstock.  Why?  No reason, it was within reach!  


This next part is super easy!  Brush the image with clean water…puddles of it.   Then, touch the puddles with your water color paints.  I chose use Altenew’s Watercolor Brush Pens in Lagoon and Midnight Violet.  Resist the urge to brush the paint on.  Just tap the brush to the paper.  You continue to repeat the process of water then paint until the paints have bled out to the edges of the embossed lines.


Once the paint is where you want it, allow the puddles to absorb into the paper.  Then use a detail brush to add depth where you want it to go.  Add a sentiment of your choice and thats it!  I can’t wait to see your creations!  Be sure to add them to the CAS on Friday gallery!

Have a colorful day!


No comments:

Simon Says Stamp’s STAMPtember GIVEAWAY and hop party!

Exciting GIVEAWAYS and Hop party for Simon Says Stamp’s STAMPtember event! Hi all! I am so excited to be a part of Simon Says Stamps’ STAMPt...