Saturday, May 21, 2011

Swing of things...

It's so hard to get back into it.  I've been out of the craftin' spot for so long now...it's a shame...so here is my first jump back in.  It's not my favorite creation and reminds me of one I did a while back.  I'm confident my creative mojo will return soon.
This weeks Our Creative Corner challenge is hosted by the ever talented Linda.  She's so vintage shabby and fabulous!  This week she is asking us to frame it, make it stand out above your background.  I decided to use one my favorite mediums - burlap.  I love burlap, it's so much fun to use.  I cut a frame out of Chocolate chip paper with a Nestability die and stamped and embossed directly on the fabric.  The bird and the branch is from a Hambly screenprinting clear sticker sheet.  Inspired?  Then get out there and use a frame in your creation, I can't wait to see it!
On a personal note, I want to take the time to thank you all for your patience and understanding, I feel I'm on the road to recovery, as I have so much to be thankful for!   It was fun and theraputic to get back in the spot, so it is now going to be a part of my 'therapy'...yes, that's what I'll call it, therapy!...  I may be slow to getting back to my daily posts, but will take it one day at a time.  Hugs to you all!!!

9 comments:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Kristin, I'm so glad to "see" you again! I hope all is well. Your frame is gorgeous, and I love the cute bird and button. Have a great weekend!

Nancy Jensen said...

Kristin,
I looked for an email address so I could send you some info privately but couldn't find one. I'll try to make this brief.

I have chronic depression and have battled it for many years. There are quite a few things that have helped me but right now I'm mourning the loss of my daughter so things are very difficult for me right now. I have been crafting now more than ever and it truly is my therapy. I find joy in creating cards and pushing myself beyond my comfort zone. I enjoy having pretty cards out that I've made - many of which I created while thinking of my daughter so these designs make me smile. I've also made so many wonderful friends who are also crafters.

As far as dieting and exercise goes, I NEED to eat better, go to bed and sleep like "normal" people and exercise more. Your previous post inspired me to get started.

If you wouldn't mind, please email me at fancydancycrafts@cox.net

(((hugs)))

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I am glad that you are 'back to join us'. I love your card, and how creative to stamp right on the burlap. I would never have thought of that!
Depression can feel like quick sand, and I personally understand the struggles just to do everyday life. And I LOVE that you call this 'therapy'. Because it is a challenge and struggle to do what you LOVE, and to find joy in it, again.
hugs, S

Vicki Burdick said...

This is fabulous Kristin, love the burlap! So glad you are getting back into the swing of things! Sending big hugs!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Hey gal! So glad you're back! Awesome! Lovin' the burlap!

Lori Rider said...

I love the card, Kristin - and I'm happy to see you getting your feet back under you. I'm thinking of you with lots of virtual hugs!

Sarah Gough said...

So good to have you back! Your mojo will be back stronger than ever soon!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my! This is so much fun!!! I love love the burlap and will definitely try this! Your blog is so much fun!! So glad I visited!

Toni K said...

So glad you're feeling better!
This card is fantastic by the way ;)