Saturday, May 28, 2011

Busy Baby

Boy am I busy baby!  We're tearing up carpet, laying down hardwood floors, painting, re-decorating, re-upholstering...pretty much the whole house!...  I did find some time today to visit Archiver's on the other side of town...while picking up supplies...  It was so much fun and I was able to find some Webster's Papers items, one of my fav's.  It was a great find, since today's challenge for Our Creative Corner is to create a baby card, using a button, trim and kraft cardstock!

This was a perfect paper for this challenge, the sweet carrige with the flowers.  This could go for a boy or a girl don't you think?  I used Kraft on the little tag, I didn't want to cover the image so I kept it small.  The lace trim I used to make a little flower and topped it with the cute pearl heart and red button with hemp twine.  Very shabby and cute.   I feels good to be getting back into the spot, now I just need to clean it so it's easier to create down there...

On a personal note, please know I will be responding to each and every e-mail and comment you all sweet ladies left me the last few weeks!  I REALLY appreciate all your support and love, it has helped me more than you know.  It just may have to wait until these things are done...

9 comments:

Suzie McFloozy said...

So glad you are sounding brighter x
It's amazing what ripping up a carpet will do for a girl !!!!!

O I adore websters pages products but as yet don't own any - I am on a spending ban at the moment-although I did treat myself to a digi stamp this morning while hubby wasn't looking !!

This card is def perfect for a girl or boy (o the paper is just beautiful) and I just love the crochet flower and the bright pop of colour that button gives x

Fantastic x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Kristin! Love that patterned paper and the pretty details! Hey, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just the sweetest card. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Love that vintage carriage image and the colors are delightful. Beautiful touch with the lace flower you created and that pearl heart is to die for!

So glad to hear that you are feeling more like yourself these days. Best of luck with that home improvement project. Sounds like it is going to be awesome when finished.

Have a safe and enjoyable weekend with your family!

Hugs,
Linda

Wendy J. said...

Wow, just makes me tired to think about the redecorating! This is lovely sweet card. You made a good choice with using the paper and adding a few vintage touches. LOVE that pearl heart. It's all wonderful. Have a great weekend!

Toni K said...

This is gorgeous! Love love love it!

Sharon Wheet said...

Kristin, I too am a fan of Websters Pages, and I love what you did with it! I love the crochet trim flower you created and the little touches that went along with it (button, twine, pearl heart, and tiny tag). Great card!
I'm glad that you are feeling more like 'you' and your taking one day at a time. Find comfort in knowing we all DO care about you! And good luck with the re-model. Hope all is well.

Sarah Gough said...

what gorgeous paper and I'm always a sucker for crochet details!

Lori Rider said...

Wonderful card, Kristin - it's all gorgeous! I especially love the crochet trim. Fabulous job, and I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Good luck with your house project!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I LOVE the old fashioned baby carriage. You've made such a sweet and lovely card! Good luck with your house renovations, and I'm so glad things are looking up for you! :)