Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Traditional Christmas?

 Hi all!

Are you a traditional Christmas color decorator/crafter?  I am not...I love different combos for my decor, but there is something to be said about the red and green combo.  It just screams Christmas!  I love it...but I guess just not in my personal decor at my house?  I'm weird....

This week at JUGS they are asking for a creation with traditional colors!!  I had to participate, especially since I have this new fantastic set from Altenew called Joyful Greetings.  

Its a great set, and it's versatile.  Not just for Christmas!  Check out this post here for a card made with the stamps of this set that isn't holiday themed...

I used my most favorite tool in my studio right now, the Altenew Stamp Wheel...I'm not an affiliate seller, I only share what I really love to use!  Using this tool for this card was SUPER easy... just turn and stamp!  Perfect wreath every time, no matter the stamp you use!  Then it was splattered with matching watercolor paints.


The center of the wreath was created by layering blobs of red watercolor paints...super easy, you could even use watered down red ink for a similar effect!  I did use my heat gun between layers to get those outlined shapes...  Then the sentiment was embossed with gold embossing powder and the 'joy' was colored in with matching alcohol ink markers in an ombre pattern.

That's it for me today!  I hope you have a 'joyful' day...yes I went there...

Hugs!

2 comments:

lichazul said...

Absoluty gorgeous card, great design ☺️💐, have a great day

I Card Everyone said...

Hey! I have just the JOY for that! So fun, Kristin!
=]