Friday, November 3, 2023

Chilly color combo -FRESHLY MADE SKETCH SHOUT OUT!

 Hi all!

I love unconventional colors for Christmas cards!  Don't get me wrong, I do love the traditional red and green, but I never decorate in those colors.  Haven't since...well...forever!  While this card doesn't have a holiday sentiment, it is a winter themed card in unconventional colors.

  

I was inspired by the Sunday Stamps color grouping, opposite colors on the color wheel are perfect together, so I'm drawn to it.  The layout is following this weeks Freshly Made Sketch and the Inkspirational prompt of 'cold' inspired the snowflake usage.


I used metallic copper paper for my orange color in the image, as well as adding a little alcohol ink to my sequins to make them match...one of my favorite tricks instead of investing in a million different colors.

The die cuts are from the recent Altenew Cozy Comfort retreat.  I'm not sure if the dies will be available this season, but I'll let you know if they are!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so I'm off to lay down!  Have a colorful day!


7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, this looks amazing! I love your little die details, and the colored sequins, but I am totally smitten by that embossing - it's stunning! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Yes...another great take on our color combo!! I am loving this one too!! That embossed background is fantastic!! Thanks for playing along again with our "Autumn's Riches" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Your rocked our Autumn color palette with a fantastic trio of snowflakes!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC321

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful texture and color on this Kristin - love that background embossing and your glittery snowflakes with the greenery and berries! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Cold! Julia xx

I Card Everyone said...

The colors are fabulous, Kristin... but you had me at that gorgeous embossing!
=]

Jen Timko said...

Oh so pretty! Your details in the groupings are so fabulous and I also love that background. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week at FMS!

Karren said...

This is fabulous! The dimension in the background, the sparkle and the gorgeous colour combo all add up to one fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Stef Perry said...

These colors work so well for a winter themed card Kristan. I would have never thought of it but you've made them worked beautifully! The embossed background looks spectacular as well, like little repeating mounds of fluffy snow. Just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!