Monday, November 27, 2023

Peace on Earth

 Hi all,

It's been a hard nearly 2 months for the people in the conflict, as well as for the world.  We are watching horrors being committed on fellow humans.  I am praying for Peace on Earth...for everyone.  No matter race, religion or nationality.

  

I adore a good monochromatic creation, and these little houses are the perfect die cuts for this aesthetic.  The white with the subtle shades of blue are so calming together.  I'd love to live there...

Using only white card stock, 2, A2 panels were inked up with Altenew's Cool Summer Night inks using their new large blending brush...add it to you Christmas list, you'll thank me later for it!  One for the background, the other to fill in the windows of the houses and to make the trees.  The background panel was created with an ombre effect, then splattered with metallic watercolors to make the stars in the sky.  A great background for the layers to come.

In creating the scene, 2 die sets were combined.  First, My Favorite Thinks My Neighborhood die set along with the Concord & 9th Over the Rooftops.  Dies are some of my favorite items to use while creating, they are incredibly versatile and can be created in ANY color.  All you need is one, and you have a million different opportunities for inspiration...I mean, I don't have just 1, but you get the idea;).

The snowy hills were die cut 4 times to create the base of the scene, then the houses were placed with the largest ones in the foreground and the smaller ones up the hills.  The tiny little trees were added, they look like perfect little boxwood landscaping bushes in their scale to the houses!

This October, I was introduced to the Timeout Challenge blog, and I've had the opportunity to participate a couple of times since then.  This creation is for their current Winter/Holiday/DT challenge.  The simple color theme screams winter for me with all the white and touches of blue.  In keeping with the theme, I am also going to enter this in the Peace on Earth Christmas challenge blog.

So that's it for this creation!  I'm still in the studio, kickin' up paper...I'm sure I'll have other posts to annoy you all with soon!

Have a colorful day!


2 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful design - love this card! Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)

Gerrina said...

Looks so great in just the two colours (I love blue... ;) ) And so glad you found us! Welcome! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT! And thank you for the shoot out at your blog!