Thursday, June 1, 2023

CAS Scraps

 Hi all!

It’s been a crazy 2 weeks of guest designer work, traveling for the holiday weekend and now a minor shingles attack.  It’s not as painful as last time and for that I am grateful!


Today was the first day since our return from Petoskey to feel well enough to go into the studio and it's my first challenge in 2 weeks!  I thought I'd play along with JUGS Silhouette challenge since it ends tonight.  I started small and decided to work with what I already had on hand in order to gain momentum…so to the scrap bins I went...I have 4, how many do you have?

I found this black embossed leaf from Altenew’s Leaf Canopy.  It’s perfect for a silhouette card.  I also found the pink die cut I had made from Altenew’s Snowflake Layer die and colored but never used it.  I decided to cut it into pieces for the background behind the leave cluster.

I finished off the card with a splatter of black watercolor paint and again from my sentiment box...this came from Altenew's Its For You stamp and die set.  It's no longer on their site, so I think they've discontinued it.  It has a great telephone stamp though...

SO...the card is CAS in design, but has layers of die cuts....hopefully it 'makes the cut'...😉😉😏😏!

Have a colorful week!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry about the shingles, Kristin, that's no fun. I like the interesting background you gave the silhouette. Your card is terrific! So happy to see you in our gallery again at Just Us Girls! Feel better!

Ina G said...

Great background and so clever! Really highlights your lovely silhouette. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week Kristin.