Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Trying to keep up!

 Hello all!

Its been crazy around here...healing from shingles, babysitting, helping with my parents, cleaning and organizing the studio, and getting my teenagers to get moving before 10 am.  I am glad its summer and excited to get back to creating in my studio this week!



I've had the links up for multiple challenges on my computer for 2 weeks now, so I decided to get started on them asap! I've combined 2 challenges with this card, Altenew's June Inspiration ChallengeFreshly Made Sketches. and the Beautiful Blooms challenge even though I didn't use the mood board this time...

I loved the colors Deepa chose for this month's Altenew challenge, bright and cheery!  I've been into those colors lately, perhaps because of summer?  I used the Enchanted Garden, Tropical Forest and Rose Petal color family inks, and the flowers from the Hellebore Build a Flower stamp set all from Altenew.  After organizing and cleaning the studio, I've purged some but also committed to using all the sets that haven't seen any ink in a while and this one reminded me of the inspiration picture.

When inspired by the layout, I decided to turn it on it's side, and move the sentiment to fit the change. The Woven stencil is a new purchase and I used Wisteria ink from the Enchanted Garden color family just down the center of the card panel.

This card has a ton of shine, partially due to the Fine Frames Circle die for the background.  I also added some shimmer with gold foil and a glue pen!  Although, I had a hard time waiting for the glue to dry to add the foil, but I made do.  I chose to do the sentiment with Jet Black ink, it felt it looked better than a color...what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a colorful day!

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your flower is beautiful and I love the soft stenciling in the background ! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

I love your beautiful purple flowers with the woven stencil for the center stripes! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, me again. This is perfectly stamped, so pretty and I love the stenciled background with it. I have one of Altenew's first layered sets, Painted Flowers, and still cannot get them stamped right, so brava to you. Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Cécile RIBON said...

Those pensies are gorgeous and the stenciled line is just perfect to showcase them. Thanks so much for joining in at FMS this week.