Friday, June 9, 2023

SERENITY NOW!!! - HLS CHALLENGE WINNER!

 Hi all...

We've all been there...I'm sure of it.  You're nearly finished with a fabulous creation...then catastrophe...a smudge, or...SOMETHING that ruins it!  That was this one... I was nearly done...then it went wrong...

 


This card was created for the JUGS Challenge, the Flower Challenge and the HLS Watercolor challenge.  I'm also popping this in the Beautiful Blooms challenge, even though I didn't use the optional mood board. I love the color combo and it was an opportunity to do a watercolor paint technique that I needed to make a video about...Fyi, I'm starting a YouTube channel, hope you'll visit and follow...more info on that later...  Tulips are my mom's favorite, so I'm counting that as a toward the FC this week.

After the fabulous background paper was created, I then used Altenew's Grateful Heart stamp set of tulips add to the front. I only used the outline and the #'s 3 & 4 stamps using grey inks.  I used alcohol inks to add the color so I could keep them mostly white.  The coloring....which I am not fabulous at, but working on...was done and I was REALLY happy with it.  Like REALLY HAPPY.  I placed the 2 flowers on the card front with foam tape...so far so good.  Then, I decided it needed a little bit of black.  SO...I pulled out my USUALLY handy and CONSISTANT black enamel dot gel...and in it's defense, it's old and sticky and string-y...I should have foreseen this....

I added black to the stamen of the flowers.  Looks good, and I always like a bit of shine or sparkle.  Then....I placed a dot...it had a tail.  I panicked!  I grabbed a trusty tool and set to correct and remove the tail.  So far so good.  After it was corrected........that's when I saw it... I had placed my FINGER IN THE STAMEN!!!  AAGGGHHH!............It's ok...I'll just make another flower like that one.  I gently pull that flower off.............I HAD STUCK MY FINGER IN THE OTHER FLOWER!!!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!

Like Kramer from Seinfield...which is my maiden name fyi....SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!  For all things good and holy, I nearly lost my mind!  I stood up, took a stroll around the studio and pet the dogs.  At that point the only thing I could do was re-create the flowers.  Not as good as the original, but at this point, I'll take what I can get.  

I did pull out the enamel gel again...and held my breath while doing it.  They cooporated this time.....thank goodness... I'm glad I finished it and it was a pretty close version of my original plan.

That's it for today, I hope your day is filled with color!!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Kristin, this card is just GORGEOUS! With all your 'boo boo's' you certainly recovered nicely and came out with an amazing creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
BB DT
BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Are you familiar with my(our) new challenge blog called Triple B? Come join in the fun ... it's all about Birds, Butterflies and BLOOMS.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hun, we've all been there and as such, I really enjoyed your retelling of it, makes me feel better, heehee. So sorry that happened! But seriously, the do over flowers looks fabulous as does your card, so you're good! I just finished using my Sakura black gelly roll glaze pen on a bear's glasses and it glopped up on me a bit but thankfully no stringers. I just let it be and resisted the urge to keep going back over it again, lol. XOX

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, forgot to add, thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xoxo, Aimeslee DT

Bobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I Card Everyone said...

Kristin, I'm sorry - I had to LOL as I've BEEN THERE - DONE THAT sooo many times myself! I know just the gel you're talking about, too - my own must be passed its shelf life!
So glad you persevered, my friend - tulips are MY favorite! So happy you are playing cards with us at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Toni said...

Wow, this is a lovely sympathy card. Even more so with your tribulations making it :)

Bobby said...

When I deleted my first comment (I commented from the wrong design team) I was sure I sent a second one but don't see it.
We've all been where you were, Kristin, with smudges and tears and whatever else can go wrong. I'm so glad you didn't give up on this lovely sympathy card. Your background is wonderful and really shows off the mostly white flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Your card is stunning, especially the eye-catching background. Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers. xoxo LynB

Susan Renshaw said...

Loved reading of your trials an tribulations! A lovely result! Thanks for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!