Thursday, June 1, 2023

Coloring fun

 Hi all!

Isn't fun when you get a little surprise in a box of product you ordered?  Altenew puts in a discount card for you next order, usually a percentage off and I generally don't look at the other side. WELL.... that has changed!


On the opposite side of the discount card is an image to use for your cards!!  Its a black and white outline for you to color as you see fit.  Such genius people that work there, really.  This month's image was of dogwood blossoms.  Ironic as we have decided to transplant 3 hydrenga bushes in our front yard to put one in.  I've spent the spring admiring trees around town and realized I needed one for myself.

Since the transplant won't happen until the fall, these lovely blossoms will have to do!  I don't have many alcohol markers in my stash, quite honestly I'm intimidated and confused by them.  However, I decided to pull out my limited colors and try them out on this image. Since the limited colors I have match the Inkspiration mood board, I'm sending it over for consideration.  I'm not to disappointed with it...not impressed, but not disappointed either.  I did have to fussy cut it out...which I hate...to add it to my card.

I added the Circle Quilt Cover die by Altenew for the background and the cut out die fit perfectly on it.  So...that made me hate the fussy cutting less....  I did add some Mountian Mist ink to the background panel before I placed the die cut over it for a little extra.  

I kept the bling to a minimum using only the Versatile Greetings 2 die set with gold foil paper to add the sparkle.  This AMAZING die set is part of Altenew's July launch, so be on the look out for it soon.  I get to give little sneak peeks for the items, and they won't disappoint, so save your pennies!

Have a colorful day!!




1 comment:

Marina said...

Really lovely card and your fussy cutting is amazingly even, I couldn't do that! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.