Thursday, May 18, 2023

AAAGGGHHH! - JUGS CHIC OF THE WEEK WINNER! - THE COLOR CHALLENGE SHOUT OUT! - THE FLOWER CHALLENGE HONORABLE MENTION!

 Hello all,

I'm working on product projects for Altenew; the die, sentiment and the background panel are all new products being launched on July 1st!   This card is my first sneak peek and I will post a new project each week until the final launch on July 1st.  I am even launching my YouTube channel these next few weeks so stay tuned for the links for those videos!  Its really all very exciting for me....

NOW..to the card on hand...I have made MANY, MANY projects with these items...BUT...for some reason...THIS one...oh lordy be...  Have you ever had one of the cards where you worked hard and then EVERYTHING started going wrong?!?!  I can't be the only one....THIS CARD HAS BEEN THE BANE OF MY EXISTANCE TODAY!!!

  

I CAN NOT blame the lily dies, because they are absolutely lovely and go together perfectly with the layers.  Really, they go together like a dream!  My insistence on attempting to make realistic stargazer lilies...when I am not the glorious Jaycee Gaspar...AND THE FINISHING OF THE CARD???....gave me a run for my money today I'm tellin' ya...  It has made me bring out my southern drawl!

After I did the ink shading for the lilies, I layered them and used the ever handy press and seal paper to get perfect placement.  I wasn't thrilled with my shading but wasn't too disappointed.  I then made 3 different backgrounds, debating which to use and settled for this one.  After that is when it went down hill....FAST!

The flowers were placed on the background panel...crooked, and when I peeled off the press and seal, it peeled off some of the edge of a flower! UGGH, but not the end of the world... Next issue? The splatters from my spray wouldn't splatter, and when they FINALLY did, they went all WACK-A-DOODLE... Ok...it's ok, not great, but...ok.  THEN...the die cut sentiment would NOT go on straight and started bending...damn old lady vision and caffeine shaky fingers...I had to give up on the letter 'r' for my sanity.  Finally, when I stamped the other part of the sentiment, I had to do it 3x because the tail end of it was crooked, then I cut it crooked!!!  I had to just finish it as best I could at that point so I could have a sense of some type of accomplishment!!!

So there it is...the overall image is lovely, but my craftmanship leaves a LOT to be desired.  Although I had issues today, I have been SO INCREDIBLY blessed and honored to be a part of this product launch and am EXCITED to show you all the things I have been working on with these fantastic items!  I am also submitting these to the JUGS #679 Wedding challenge, the Color Throwdown Challenge #743 of pink, lime green and white and The Flower Challenge #80 pastel flowers.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Stargazers are a favorite lily/flower of mine and these are outstanding! Honestly, I did not see even one of those "flubs" that you describe! Gorgeous card for our wedding theme this week at Just Us Girls!!! So happy you shared this beauty with us!!!

Lisa Kind said...

You would never have know all the trials and tribulations in making this card just by looking at it! It's very pretty! I love it because it reminds me of the tiger lilies I had in some of my wedding flowers. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Trina P. said...

I do understand where you are coming from, but like they say, we are our own worst critic! 😂 Your perseverance paid off because this is gorgeous, from the colours to the colouring to the design.

I Card Everyone said...

I'll bet you gave the biggest sigh of relief when you finished this beauty, Kristin - now you can celebrate as you finished in first place today at JUGS!!
You earned every accolade, my friend! wow, just wow - how beautiful it is!
Congratulations!
=]

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

Super gorgeous! I know the feeling of making mistakes as I put together a card. Just know, none of us could see anything wrong.

Aileen said...

What a stunning creation Kristin, absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Broni said...

Your lilies are gorgeous! I wouldn't have even noticed the other issues if you had not pointed them out! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

TaeEun said...

The lilies are gorgeous and the overall design is so elegant! I love this! I can't see any of those issues you wrote :) ! Thank you so much for playing at The Flower Challenge!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Kristin, sounds like you had a few problems but it turned out very well in the end, we all loved it over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx