Monday, June 26, 2023

Simply Peachy

 Hi all!

I have a TON of projects I'm trying to complete before I leave for vacation..I'll be gone almost the ENTIRE month of July!  It's exhausting planning out my week, but who can say that being in your art studio playing with stamps and paper is work?  


The card for today is really quick.  I just purchased some stencils from The Ton, they have AMAZING floral stencils!  This is their Sun Kissed Layered Dahlia.  I love the salmon-peachy multi colored dahlias, so I thought I'd try my hand at creating one on paper.  AND the Colorful Options Challenge this month is Peach, so it's a peach perfect fit!

The colors for the stencil were Altenew's Frost Pink, Pink Pearl, and Buttercream.  With the last stencil, after inking it in, I ran a layer of texture paste on it and added some glitter.  I think it needs a darker color to it?  A bit washed out, but still pretty and the shimmer is fun.

 
After creating the dahlia, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to mount it on!  I thought peach, but HATED how it looked, and white seemed to bland, and I wanted to keep it in the color challenge.  I found this grey paper that has a subtle sparkle to it so I went for it.  I gave it a grey splatter and added a sentiment from Bold Sentiments inked in Industrial Diamond both from Altenew.  Its finished off with some old gunmetal glitter Stickles.


If I were to do it again...I may opt for a pale blue background....

Anyhoo...have a colorful day!




1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

How wonderful - those stencils are incredible! Kristin, one can NEVER go wrong with grey!
Enjoy your vacation!
=]