Monday, September 23, 2024

An Encouraging Word from HIM Instagram hop!

An Encouraging Word from HIM Instagram hop!

Hi all!

I have joined a wonderful hop on Instagram this week, called the Encouraging Word.  In this hop, a scripture verse(s) is designated each month to spark a creative response in sentiment or design. Psalm 118:24 is this month’s verse.




I'm very excited about this hop! I’ve always struggled with being vocal about my faith yet I am very passionate about my relationship with God and my journey with Him. I believe he is loving of all, no matter race, creed, sexuality or religion. We walk in our our journey and sin through it. He is there to love us no matter and is patient with each and every one of us. Because of this, each day is a blessing and today is a great day because of Him!


This card started off in a complete different direction using @altenewllc’s Billowing Peonies stamp and stencils, but I realized when I was 95% of the way through my stenciling, I was missing one! I know it’s here, but unfortunately, it was put away with a different stencil set. 


I had to quickly switch gears, and pulled out this set from @altenewllc called Airbrushed Flowers, it had never been used!! I added some vellum springs from their Branches and Berries die set and placed them all on their Garden Trellis cover die on pale gray cardstock which has tiny reflective flecks in it. 


I had already stamped my sentiment from the Billowing Peonies set, so I used that one with it. Finally, enamel dots from Altenew’s Cherry Blossom set and my new iridescent gems, because nothing is finished without some shimmer or shine!

So that's it for today!  I am entering this card in the #95 Flower Challenge-Stamped Flowers as well as the current Tic Tac Toe challenge using the items down the center; Gems, FREE and Die cuts.

Have a colorful day!


1 comment:

Susan R. Opel said...

I appreciate you sharing your faith and with a pretty card, too! Sending hugs from Utah!

SOC with Paint by Number ALTENEW

 Hi all! I'm back with the Sisterhood of Crafters and the theme for this challenge is HELLO .  For this card I decided to use Altenew...