Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sending SOC Hugs with a card I've never shared!

Sending SOC Hugs with a card I've never shared!

Hi all!

Have you done this?  Created a card for something, then never got around to sharing it?  This was one of my favorite creations that I made for Altenew when I was a guest designer toward the end of last year.  I NEVER got around to sharing it on social media, and it's a perfect fit for today's Sisterhood of Crafters challenge HUGS!

This slimline card features Altenew's Folk Mandala foil plate and stencil set.  I loved the colors I chose, and the sentiment stencil came with the set...Those are always a double bonus in my book.

The mandala was foiled 3 times down the length of the card.  It isn't hard, just takes some patience and tape for perfect placement.  The mandalas were then stenciled with Altenew's Fresh Dye inks in Dew Drops, Fresh Lemon, Olive and Rose Quartz.

The sentiment strip was created by stenciling the top half of the 'hugs' in the pink and yellow hues, then moving the stencil down half an inch, then stenciling the bottom half of the sentiment.  Then the added mini sentiment strip over the space created finished it off.  That was all placed on a piece of olive cardstock and added a few coordinating enamel dots for a little more shine. 

I LOVE how it turned out!  What will you create for our challenge this time around?  We look forward to seeing you work... Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

OMG what a beautiful card! Love your choice of colors and the design is fabulous!!! Big Hugs to you my friend! Well done!

CAS card for AAA Cards Challenge with PINKFRESH Stencil!

CAS card for AAA Cards Challenge with PINKFRESH Stencil! Hi all! It's time for another challenge from AAA Cards !  This time we have a s...