Thursday, May 26, 2016

Christmas in May

 Hello All!

Just a quick one from  my crafting session yesterday...so much fun!...    As I was pursuing the blogosphere yesterday, I came across a Christmas card challenge site called Muse: Christmas Visions.  I thought I'd give it a try since John wants to make our holiday cards this year.  Yes ladies, you read that right...HE WANTS TO MAKE CARDS FOR CHRISTMAS!  Not only is he cute, funny, and the love of my life, he's embracing my creative side! ...I've got a keeper!...  I certainly hope you are all equally as blessed as I am!

I whipped up this quick card using my favorite holiday color combo: robin egg blue, soft green and  yellow...in this case gold...  I've had these crazy glitter deers for years sitting in a drawer just waiting for an excuse to be used.  Since the inspiration photo had a deer, I went for it.  And, if it didn't work, off to the donation pile for the move!  I kept with the same layout...deer on one side, square background, sentiment in the right corner...but added some pizzazz! I kinda like how it came out, so soft and pretty.  However, this would be a very expensive card to ship!  Perhaps we could do this for our cards for neighbors this year and hand deliver them?  Time will tell....  Well, off to pack up a few more things!

4 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is absolutely stunning - I love the elegant vintage feel of all the elements - That deer makes for a very sparkly festive card! I'm so glad you found us at MCV and I hope we will see more of your cards!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That deer is definitely FUN! Who doesn't love glitter! wonderful layers! Great to have you play along with us at MCV!

Jenni's Jems said...

A keeper indeed if he is willing to help out with the Christmas cards!!! and this is so beautiful love the sparkly deer x

Darnell said...

So pretty, Kristin, and a unique take on the inspiration Muse! I think this is definitely a card to be lovingly carried by hand to the neighbors!! Good luck with the move! Hugs, Darnell