Saturday, July 24, 2010

I can't wait...

...to get life back to normal!  I've almost finished tackling the mountain of laundry, cleaning the house and getting ready for our next vacation; between chasing, feeding, cleaning and entertaining the girls.  It's hotter than Hades in central Ohio - 95 and 100% humidity...ick.  Is this the time of the year parents start wishing for school to start....'cause I'm ready.  **sigh**
My only escape is my crafting room, that has long been neglected.  Then only time I can get in there is after the kids get to bed, and then I'm too hot and tired to get creative.  Oh well!  Here is something I created during one of my non-creative moments...


It's Valentine's day in the publication world, hence the theme of this card.  It is my attempt at a masculine card...

Felt Love
Cardstock: (Going Grey, Blushing Bride, whisper white) SU!
Stamp Set: (Damask- sentiment) PTI
Printed Papers: (Oliver and Olivia) Basic Grey
Ink: (Craft White and Classic Going Grey) SU!
Marker: (Going Grey) SU!
Accessories: (heather grey felt)Hobby Lobby; (grey buttons) no vendor; (border punch) Fiskers; (Labels die) Nestabilities; (Pink thread) Coats & Clark; (wood grain embossing plate)PTI

Instructions:
1. Make card and set aside
2. Cut 4 1/8 ” x 5 3/8” panel from Going Grey cardstock; emboss with wood grain plate. Punch bottom edge with border punch. Add strip of Blusing Bride along the bottom from behind.
3. Die cut heather grey felt and white cardstock with labels nestabilities. Stamp with sentiment and trace edge with marker.
4. Sew paper and button to felt. Adhere to card panel.
5. Sew buttons to the bottom of the panel and add to card base

No comments: