Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

WOW it's been a long time since I've created!  Well, actually a little over a week, but it feels like forever!  I received my prizes from my Paper Crafts Magazine Stampin' Royalty win and I've decided to play with them a bit.  I used 3 new things on this card, Tattered Angels Graceful Journey stamps, the matching glimmer screens and their Vintage Pink glimmer mist.  Yes, all these fabulous things came in my prize pack and so much more!  I'm really going to have to get some tutorials on the mist thing, you can't really see it in this photo.  I sprayed it on my Pretty in Pink card stock, which made it look like Regal Rose.  I've seen fabu things with the mist, so I'm not giving up on it!

I made this card for the Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC36.  It's a color challenge blog that I really love.  This week's challenge was pink, white and red, and add a bird element (not required however), but since I had this new image, I inked it up!  I'm glad I was able to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Cafe'!

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely use of this weeks colors, wonderful Ribbon Treatment, congrats on your PC Stampin Royalty Win! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Michellem said...

Great job on this challenge! I used my glimmer mist on a card for the same challenge! Love how you used the owl!

Sarah Anderson said...

Love the watercolour effect you have going on this card. Great use of the owl - Thanks for playing along with us at the playdate cafe :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely background effect. The velvet ribbon is so rich and love the stick pin. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY cow--I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this owl! I love the background effect--and this entire card! STUNNING:) Great job--Thanks for joining us at the PDCC:)

Alice Regan said...

I loved working with this week's colors! Your card is gorgeous, and I love the owl! So cute!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creation, Kristin! Fabulous owl and the velvet ribbon is yummy.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby said...

I never got around to finishing comments last week because I was away, so apologies this is late, but what a great card for our challenge! Glad you joined in on our insider challenge with birds too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!