Thursday, May 23, 2024

Tic Tac Toe Guest Designer with CREATE finds!

 Tic Tac Toe Guest Designer with CREATE finds!

Hi all!  I'm excited to announce I'm the guest designer for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog this fortnight!  I was lucky to have gone to Simon Says Stamp's CREATE event earlier in the month....which was AMAZEBALLS btw....and was able to pick up some fun items.  I had to break them out for this challenge!


The challenge is focused on masculine cards, and I really don't have much in the way of masculine items...except for this lovely die I picked up!  We have a Jeep Grand Wagoneer, so I had to get it to use for our Christmas cards this year.  This is a possible design...thanks TTT!


Following the challenge of the diagonal from right to left the card started with gold mirror paper from Altenew that was die cut using Concord and 9th's Sunburst Card Front die.  Christmas cards need a bit of shimmer or shine, don't you think?


When I spotted this Simon Says Stamp die at CREATE called Vintage Christmas Station Wagon, it went straight into my basket!  Since our Woody is ivory colored, this cardstock was the closest in color.  It was a mistake because it did NOT take to alcohol makers.  As you can see, the red bled terribly.  If this is the design for our cards this year, a different cardstock will need to be chosen.  All the pieces and parts of the car were done with alcohol markers and the silver bits were done with a paint marker.


Finally, the banner is from The Stamp Market called Layered Banner Die and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps Circle Sentiments Christmaswas heat embossed with gold.

Are you going to join in the fun?  I hope you do!  Have a colorful day!

1 comment:

kareN stampZ said...

Thanks Kristin for being our Guest Designer and creating such a fabulous and fun card with so much shine, it will be just perfect for the silly season. Well done you for thinking outside the box and creating not just a masculine card.

Vintage collage card with 'vintage' stamps!

 Vintage collage card with 'vintage' stamps! Hi all! How old is your oldest supply?  I cracked a few of my oldest stamps for my Sist...