Friday, September 20, 2024

Inspired by the fabulous KRISTINA WARNER!

 

Hi all!

Have you ever participated in an on-line live class?  I recently participated in the Pinkfresh Studio Create and Connect and absolutely LOVED it!  That was my second one with them and I have another one in October...to say I'm mildly addicted is an understatement.  


Warner was one of the instructors in the class and she had this amazing, incredibly simple, 'why didn't I think of that' technique she shared with TONS of punch.  Her card was an A2 card, but I decided to change it up a bit for the challenge at Just Add Ink this week.  It's been a long time since I've participated in challenges I'm not on a DT for, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.


Isn't this fun?!  It's just tape and ink blending for the background...it was a face palm moment for me when she shared this.  Sometimes simple techniques are the ones we take for granted.


This is a large slimline card, 8.5"x3.5".  To start, place 2 pieces of low-tack tape to create a solid panel down the card.  Ink blend using rainbow colors to fill in the space.  Next...this was the fae palm part...move the 2 pieces of tape over 1/4" above and below the ink blended panel.  Using the ink left on the brushes, follow the rainbow and lightly add ink to the new spaces.  Kristina...you are GENIUS!  The card for the class was a square and this technique can obviously work for any shape.


Then, using a coordinating stamp, stencil and die set from the class, assorted flowers were stamped in black and the blooms were inked lightly with gray ink.  The leaves were then inked with a light green.  To finish off the card...and because no card is complete without it...clear gems were added to give the card a little shine!

I hope you all have a colorful day!

 







No comments:

Inspired by the fabulous KRISTINA WARNER!

  Hi all! Have you ever participated in an on-line live class?  I recently participated in the Pinkfresh Studio Create and Connect and absol...