Monday, August 26, 2024

Fun times with PINKFRESH STUDIO Create and Connect weekend!

Fun times with PINKFRESH STUDIO's Create and Connect weekend!

Hi all!

I think the only positive thing to come out of the Covid shut down, was the development of virtual card making retreats!  I just participated in my 2nd Pinkfresh Create and Connect event and it was AMAZEBALLS!  If you haven't done one of their events, or any other...they're worth the time and money. You learn from the best creators EVER, get fabulous products and can craft in your pj's!

Pinkfresh had amazing instructors and the super talented @Kristina Werner was one of them!  I had the opportunity to meet her at the Simon Says Stamp CREATE event this year...that's us with Gina K...and she is even more sweet and kind in person than she is in her videos...if that's even possible!

For the class, she showed us how to make this card...this is my copy of her card.

I decided to recreate it again, but to change the colors.  I decided to use all blues, it's my mom's favorite color.  Her 1st cousin passed away last week after a long drawn out illness, and I hope this will make her smile.

This card looks complicated, but Kristina made the instructions super easy and the impact is fantastic!  The stamp set is a yet-to-be-released one from Pinkfresh...one of the perks of attending...first dibs on the new stuff.  This cover stamp Modern Botanicals won't be released until 2025, but keep it on your radar.  It has a coordinating stencil and die so it makes card making FAST.

THe blues are Pinkfresh inks in Slumber, Storm, Sapphire and Stargazer.  The image was heat embossed with gold embossing powder then inked with the use of the stencil.  Each layer extends to the bottom of the card with just a strip of the ink blending done on the part that shows.  

After everything was inked, the flowers were die cut and tucked into each section.  Finally some bling...'cause I'm a sparkle addict... to finish it off.  I am entering this card in the Just Add Ink challenge this week.  It's been a couple months since I've done any challenges other than my DT duties.  It's fun to get back into the swing of it!

Have a colorful day!


4 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

OMG both cards are fabulous Kristin. The blue one is so good and a fab take on the inspiration picture. Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Just Add Ink team

Kerry Parkinson said...

Sympathy cards can be so hard to make but this one is beautifully serene and I'm sure will be appreciated by your mum. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

Stunning card - a great technique. I love the subtle gold embossing, it adds the perfect amount of wow factor. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Kristin! I love the subtle gold embossing. It adds an elegance and formal touch that is perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

CAS card for AAA Cards Challenge with PINKFRESH Stencil!

CAS card for AAA Cards Challenge with PINKFRESH Stencil! Hi all! It's time for another challenge from AAA Cards !  This time we have a s...