Sunday, February 18, 2024

Birthday Bokeh

 A Bokeh Birthday with The Stamp Market

Hi all!

It's time for a new challenge over at AAA Cards Challenge blog!  The theme this time is Birthday themed Anything Goes.  So as long as its a CAS birthday card, you're in!  

I have to apologize for my photos, I have a new phone and new editing software I'm trying to figure out, so the photos aren't as crisp as I like them.  You'll get the general idea with them...I hope.  Any suggestions on editing software for an IMac?  I'm on the struggle bus here...

Any hoo...the card front was ink blended using The Stamp Markets Bokeh stencil set with Altenew's Frosty Pink, Sunkissed, Citrus Burst and Dew Drops Crisp Dye Inks using their fantastic mini blending brushes.  A background of the colors were added first, then repeated inking the colors using the 2 stencils in the set to create the colored panel on the card front.


The birthday sentiment is from one of my most favorite Simon Says Stamp sentiment sets, called Elegantly Modern Greeting.  It's a great basic set for any card maker, highly recommend.  It was stamped and heat embossed with Altenew gold embossing powder, then the 'birthday' was die cut with the coordinating die to create the window.  5 more pieces of card stock were cut and glued together to create the shaker element.  It's not how I would normally create a shaker card, but I thought I'd give it a go with this...don't think I'll do it this way again however.  Close up you can see the layers through the window, so I think I'll stick to my traditional foam core technique.  It also gives the shaker elements space to move more freely.


The sequin shaker pieces are iridescent in the same colors of the inks making it the perfect addition to the card.  The sentiment is finished off with a stamp from the same SSS set and a few confetti bits were added for more sparkle.

Now go whip up a CAS birthday card for your stash, and be sure to share it with us over at AAA Cards for a chance to be a guest designer!  Give those DT's some love too while you're at it...

Have a colorful day!

3 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Awesome shaker card and birthday card, seems extra festive for sure

kareN stampZ said...

Fun shaker and love your soft bokeh background Kristin, what a fun birthday card. PS the images look fine to me, I often struggle with lighter/softer images to make them pop.

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful strip you created with your bokeh stencil and inking! Julia xx