Sunday, October 22, 2023

Does this count? - JUST ADD INK HONORABLE MENTION!

 Hi all!

I'm winding down my very busy weekend, and hoping this week I'll get a little bit of a reprieve from the chaos!  Not really sure how or when that will happen, but I'm putting it out there...manifesting rest an relaxation...if I say it, it will come....😂😉


In the meantime, I'm here to share this card for the Just Add Ink challenge this week, spotlighting.  Now I learned spotlighting was when you separated out a portion of a stamped background, and made it different, generally with color. 

I think I followed the 'old way' kind of when I die cut the Ornate Nesting Die from Altenew, but also added a 'new way' of spotlighting by adding die cut of the same image, colored, over top of the cut-out part...am I overthinking this?  

Either way, I like the effect of the spotlighting I did.  The floral image and sentiment are from Altenew and will be released in November!  It's a great mini set and there are 2 others just like it!  If you like coloring and don't want to spend a ton of time doing it, these smaller image sets are perfect for that.  I'm still working on my alcohol ink skills, and practice makes perfect they say, so I'll keep going at it.  I do love the colors I picked for these florals though...


That's it for today...  Thanks for stopping by, and have a colorful day!

1 comment:

Chantell Randall said...

Stunning colours! Beautifully coloured. Love the layers too. Chantell Just Add Ink