Tuesday, September 5, 2023

EEK! Honors and another challenge - THE FLOWER CHALLENGE - HM!

 Hi all!

I was SO excited to discover this morning I was the winner of the Flower Challenge for August!  That just makes me feel so giddy!  I love flowers...I mean I was a florist and event designer for over 15 years...flowers are in my blood.  If its your thing, check out my blog post with the winning card HERE.


So this is my entry for this month's Flower Challenge, to use a die.  Since I use flowers in just about EVERY card I make, I'm sure I'll have more than 1 entry for this challenge....tee hee... 

This is a new die set from Altenew called BellFlower.  Its a GREAT die set, and with the new die assembly system with Altenew dies, it's a BREEZE to put together.  And this one was even easier to create, I used pre-printed papers and I LOVE them!!  There are lots of bolded words because I'm passionate for this set...

After I assembled the flowers and attached the to the black card front, I added white acrylic paint splatters to add a little interest and break up the black a bit.  The 'hope' sentiment is from Versatile Greetings 2 and smaller one I can't remember for the life of me which stamp set that's from...ugh... I did create another card with this die set, and I'll share that one soon!

I hope you have a colorful day!





6 comments:

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous card Kristin, many congrats on the win! and glad you are taking part in our challenges now too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Rumana said...

It's fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on your win, Kristin!
This one has lots of gorgeous color, and I love the drama of the black card!
Thanks for joining us again at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

This is a stunner, Kristin! How beautiful those bright papers look against the black. So glad you've joined us again at The Flower Challenge!

Bobby said...

The bold flowers really pop on the black background, Kristin. So dramatic and colorful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Aileen said...

What a stunning creation Kristin, the colours for the petals wow amazing. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen