Thursday, August 17, 2023

Bold Sneak Peek! TFC #83 CHALLENGE WINNER!

Hi all!

I have only been able to spend a few hours here and there in the studio between doctors appointments, back to school requirements and babysitting our adorable god-daughter.  Each and every minute I spend lost in ink, paper and stamps; I realize how much I miss being out here every day...  Hopefully soon things will slow down and I will have a new normal schedule.  Until then, I'll sneak out here whenever I can!

I am again honored to have been asked to be a guest designer with Altenew for the month of September and I'm going to offer you a little sneak peek at one of my favorite sets, Bold Bouquet.  It has a stamp set, coordinating stencils, embossing folder and sentiment die set.  Its a lovely set and I thought I'd showcase one of the projects I made for the release and for this month's Flower Challenge, Spots and Stripes.


You cant get this set until September, but it is worth the wait!  It's a great set to make an easy card that doesn't take much time at all....well....unless you're like me and love to be 'extra'...

I used the embossing folder and the coordinating stencils for the flowers along with the new Fresh Dye Inks, Olive and Dusty Pink from the Deco Garden release in July.  After adding the color to the flowers, I used a little mono glue on the stamen of the flowers, let it dry for a few minutes and then rubbed gold foil to it.  It just adds a little shimmer to the blossoms.  

The background was created with Altenew's Tiny Pattern Foil Plates, 2 runs down the right side of a card front with gold foil and voila'!  I then fussy cut the blossoms which was totally worth the work, and added it to the front.  The sentiment was stamped from Versatile Greetings 2 along with 'Birthday' from the Sentiments Strips 3 stamp set.

I finished it off with some yellow enamel dots.  It does give me an 'old lady' vibe with the soft colors, but it's perfect for my mom to give to someone special for their birthday.  

That's it!  Have a colorful day!

5 comments:

Aileen said...

Wowwwww what an absolutely stunning creation. The colours and design totally amazing. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Bobby said...

Your card is spectacular, Kristin. The stencils make it easy to color and the embossing adds wonderful dimension. I don't think it looks 'old ladyish' but then I'm an old lady. lol Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous creation with those pretty flowers. Great job with the stenciling and fussy cutting them out. Love the soft colors. TFS

Viv said...

such a glorious card Kristin, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Nancy said...

Stunning card, Kristin and congrats on your win at The Flower Challenge, well deserved!